In this article, I will discuss with you which blogging platform you should choose.
There is always confusion about the right platform to choose among people who want to start blogging.
Well, if you ask me, each platform has different features to offer, so it totally depends upon your attitude and preference to choose the platform that suits you the best.
If you want to start blogging, there are basically two ways to treat it.
This basically means that you do blogging because you like it.
You don’t care about the traffic, response or money, you are doing it because you like it.
This means that you start blogging and want to turn it into your profession. You want to make blogging a means of earning.
For example, on sites like Flippa, you can see that many people have put up their content to sell.
It can definitely be a great way of earning and you can turn your hobby into your profession.
Treating blogging as a hobby can be a good idea, as you can take full benefits of the free resources available.
There are many platforms such as WordPress, Medium Weebly, Wix, Blogger, here you can do blogging free of cost.
Pros of Free Platforms
- Free of Cost
- Easy to Start
- Easy to Rank
Cons of Free Platforms
Using a platform can also be troublesome as there are a lot of restrictions and limitations.
Some cons we have mentioned below are:
- Hard To Monetize
- No Control over the website
- No pixel, no exit pop, no retargeting
- Not building a long term brand
To avoid this you can go the other way which is renting a host and run a WordPress site on your own.
In this case, you would need to pay for hosting and domain but not for WordPress.
- You have control over your work.
- It is Easy to Monetize. Which means that you can make the money for the content you will be posting or for the content that will be posted on your website.
- You can build a long term brand.
- You can install tracking pixels and follow up.
- You have to pay, ( But it does not dig deep into your pocket)
- You might need some tech support if you are not a tech nerd.
Two Ways to Start Using WordPress
- You can get a host and do all the setting yourself if you are a tech nerd and know how the mechanism works.
- You can visit http://myfirstwpblog.com/ this site and can get a WordPress site. This will also get you some support and training to help you start your blogging.
For those people who are not well aware of the functionality of the site and do not know who things work, they simply have to visit http://myfirstwpblog.com/.
This is a great deal for non-techies as they will have tutorial, community support and they can even try it for free.
Moreover, the registration can be undone if wanted.
For Tech Nerds
For people who want to set things themselves, they can visit the sites given below: